CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 7, 2009

The Palo Duro Canyon

Lolly Gavin and Aiden


Aiden and his newest cousin Cademon


Family PIC! ;)


The boys doing some climbing before the show.






Were really not sure what Aiden was doing, lately he has been trying all of these new poses when we try to take his picture..





Yesterday was a Brown/Ellington family outing to the Palo Duro Canyon. Aiden and I rode with my parents to Amarillo, and Shawn met us there by coming down from Beaver Oklahoma where he is currently working. We were all very excited because my parents were taking everyone to the play "Texas". Growing up I remember this play very clearly. We did not attend the play every summer growing up, but probably every few summers. I was really looking forward to seeing it again! However as the play progressed there were many changes to the storyline, and not really changes for the better in my opinion. You can't change tradition, and after 44 years of putting the play on I don't see why someone would come along and tweak it. But, that's just my opinion. Shawn says it's easier to remember something better than what it was when you were growing up. However, I know it was better, I just wished I could have shared that same experience that I had growing up in the Texas Panhandle with my family now. Oh well, we still had a great time hanging out with my parents and my brothers family and really when it comes down to it, that is all that matters.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Glad you had fun with the fam. Tell your mom HI.

I agree with you about Texas. The original storyline and costumes were better. I know authentic looking prairie dresses might not look the best on stage maybe too drab but the last time I saw Texas they were dressed in neon colors. Not authentic and very distracting as far as I was concerned.

Aubrey said...

We drove the boys out to Palo Duro Canyon a couple of years ago. When we were younger and used to drive to the canyon, the drive seemed so long, but when we drove the boys there, it seemed so short! I don't know if living in Houston where it takes an hour to get most places has changed our perspective, or if it is just one of those childhood memories that is now changed! I am ashamed to say that after all the years of going to the canyon and living in Amarillo, and my mother-in-law playing the music for that play, I have never seen it!! :(

Looks like everyone had a good time. Cherish those family times!